Today’s post was shared by The Workers’ Injury Law & Advocacy Group and comes from abc13.com
|City inspectors are looking into exposed wiring at the Piney Shore Resort after a child died when he dipped his feet into the water nearby and suddenly fell in (KTRK)
HOUSTON (KTRK) —
A one-million dollar wrongful death lawsuit has now been filed, after an 8-year-old boy drowned in Lake Conroe.
Attorneys for the family of Andrew Orvis filed the suit Thursday against Silverleaf Resorts, the company that operates Piney Shore Resort.
Orvis was at the resort earlier this month, sitting on the dock and sticking his feet in the water when he fell in. Investigators say there’s evidence he may have been shocked.
A recent investigation by the city of Conroe found electrical wiring on the dock was exposed, creating a danger on the dock and in the water.
(Copyright ©2014 KTRK-TV/DT. All Rights Reserved.)